Fun Fruit Kabobs
Here’s the perfect, healthy snack that will satisfy all of your sweet tooth cravings! KelseyBear just can’t get enough of it! It a great summer snack for kids and family to enjoy! It also makes for a great activity for kids to do on rainy days.
The ingredients may vary according to what you and your family likes! All you need is 1 apple, 1 banana, red and green seedless grapes, pineapple, nonfat yogurt, and shredded coconut.
First wash all the fruit.
Cut the apple into small squares. Please ask an adult for assistance when cutting the fruit. Peel the banana and cut it into chunks. Cut 2/3 cup of pineapple, or you can buy pineapple pre-cut to save time. Measure 1/3 cup of dried coconut and 1 cup of nonfat yogurt. Put the ingredients into small individual bowls or onto a large plate.
Now get creative and design your own kabob! Make it colorful! Slide the fruit onto the skewer. There are endless variations!
Add as much or as little of the different fruits that you want. But make sure you cover the stick from end to end! Fill free to add some of your favorite fruits to the recipe.
Line the cooking pan with wax paper. It saves time and creates less of a mess when cleaning up. Take the 1 cup of nonfat yogurt and spread it all over the baking pan.
Repeat the previous steps with all of the kabobs.
Line a baking pan with wax paper then cover the pan with the shredded coconut. Take your fruit kabob and roll it in the coconut until covered!
And there you have it! Your own fun fruit kabob! Hope you enjoy this delicious, sweet, summer snack!
Fun Fruit Kabobs
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup red seedless grapes
- 1/3 cup green seedless grapes
- 2/3 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- ¼ cup dried coconut, shredded
- Wooden skewer sticks
- Cutting board
- Wax paper
- Prepare the fruit by washing the grapes, washing the apples and cutting them into small squares.
- Peel the bananas and cut them into chunks.
- Cut the pineapple into chunks, if it’s fresh.
- Put the fruit onto a large plate.
- Spread coconut onto another large plate.
- Slide pieces of fruit onto the skewer and design your own kabob by putting as much or as little of whatever fruit you want! Do this until the stick is almost covered from end to end.
- Hold your kabob at the ends and roll it in the yogurt, so the fruit gets covered.
- Then roll your kabob in the coconut.
- Repeat these steps with another skewer.